Domain Names Australia Pty Ltd
auDA has become aware that a company named Domain Names Australia Pty Ltd (DNA) is sending letters and/or faxes to some domain name registrants regarding the .com version of their .au domain name being available or unregistered.
The communication is headed “Domain Unregistered” and could, in auDA’s opinion, be easily mistaken for an invoice. To this extent, auDA considers that the communication could be misleading or deceptive.
auDA believes that registrants should be aware that DNA is a company controlled by Mr Chesley Rafferty, who is also a Director of Internet Registry Pty Ltd.
Both Mr Rafferty and Internet Registry Pty Ltd have been the subject of previous media releases by auDA which can be located at:
- Internet Registry Pty Ltd - Mail out contains inaccurate information
- auDA takes action on Internet Registry Pty Ltd mail out
- NetRegister letter contains incorrect information
- auDA launches Trade Practices claim against Internet Registry Pty Ltd (trading as NetRegister) and its Director, Chesley Rafferty
- Internet Registry Pty Ltd (trading as NetRegister) consents to Federal Court orders
For further information contact auDA by emailing [email protected]
CEO - auDA