Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting - 27 September 2018
Dear auDA Member,
auDA invites you to an Extraordinary General Meeting of auDA Members:
Thursday 27 September, 10am
The Grape Room, Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens
13 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
At this meeting, members will be asked to approve a new constitution that gives effect to a number of the 29 recommendations in the Department of Communications and the Arts review of the .au Domain Administration.
In the next 24 hours, all members eligible to vote will also receive an email from Link Market Services containing details on how to lodge proxy votes.
Please take the time to carefully read the following documents ahead of the meeting on 27 September.
- Notice of Meeting and Explanatory Material for Constitutional Reform
- A covering letter from the auDA Chair
- Key information for members regarding the general meeting
- A summary of the new Constitution and governance arrangements
- The notices of meetings
- Proposed auDA Constitution
The proposed new constitution for auDA
- Proposed Nomination Committee Charter
Outlines the roles, responsibilities and authority of the proposed Nomination Committee
- Board Charter
Outlines the roles, responsibilities and authority of the auDA Board
- Board Skills Matrix
The skills matrix the Nomination Committee will use to assess the suitability of future potential Board candidates
- auDA meeting calendar
A proposed calendar for the Board, committees and international engagement for 2019.
As part of our ongoing work to meet the government’s recommendations, the following documents are now available for public comment. To provide feedback on these documents please email [email protected]. Submissions close 10am, Wednesday 26 September 2018.
- Draft Strategic Plan
A document outlining auDA’s proposed 5-year strategic direction
- Draft Enterprise Security Strategy
Describes our strategy for strengthening the security and stability for .au
In the next week, auDA will also be presenting the following policy documents for public consultation:
- Draft Corporate Policy – Process for the Development and Review of auDA Published Policies
- Update to Mandatory Terms and Conditions Applying to .au Domain Name Licences Policy
- DNSSEC Policy: Practice Statement
- Update to Domain Renewal, Expiry and Deletion Policy
Furthermore, auDA will also be issuing the following documents over the next few weeks:
- Draft Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- auDA 2.0 Vision Statement
- Transparency and Accountability Framework
All of the above documents will be made available on the auDA website at www.auda.org.au/publiccomment
This is an extremely important milestone for auDA and for .au
It will set the framework for a sustainable and prosperous future for our namespace and auDA as an organisation. We strongly encourage all auDA members and stakeholders to be part of this historic moment.
auDA Board and Management